Kursaal has always been one of the flagships of Cattolica and represented an important model of liberty art.
Born at the end of the 1800s following the design of engineer Gaetano Urbani as bathing establishment, the hotel is located where once stood the “Lazzaretto”, the customs office of the maritime trade. The most important redevelopment project dates back to 1936 and is signed by the renowned rationalist architect Melchiorre Bega.
It was composed of a care room and a space for theatre, dances and gambling. Every evening the ballroom and the restaurant filled up with dames, knights, aristocrats and political figures.
Today Kursaal is divided in two parts, the historical one dating back to the twenties of the 20th century (in Liberty style) and the modern one built in the nineties.
Since the Nineties, in its restored version, it has become the fully-fledged reference 4-star-hotel of the Riviera and holiday destination of show-business and sports celebrities.